This is an ode.
You are hard but light.
You support me better even than a walking stick.
When a dog chews on one of your cousins I feel sad.
You never cry when I break you.
It is I who cries.
(It is I who is weak).
Sometimes I put a cast on you so you will heal.
You get really angry because you can't breathe.
I then drink milk so that you will be happy.
My flesh is your coat.
If that doesn't make us friends then I don't know if you will ever be able to trust anybody.
Are you just waiting for me to die?
Do you hope that when I do someone will take you and make you into a bone bow?
Do you truly think that's likely to happen?
Why won't you answer my questions?
Thank you for being reliable and also patient.
Going forward, I hope that you will learn the value of reciprocation.
No comments:
Post a Comment