January 30, 2011

Rash

Every Winter you come back
Bigger than before. 
On my arm like a sore. 
You I want to attack. 

I've tried lots of kinds of oil, 
Salt water, even butter;
All the irons plus the putter.
Still you're there like a boil. 

You make be kind of crazy like a rhyme-scheme reversal.
You make me look bruised,
Like as if I've been abused,
But you insist it isn't personal. 

I guess it's time to accept you
Just as part of my body.
Since you came to the party, 
I suppose I'll have to admit you

Exist. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    This is slight misdirection as I'm actually commenting on one of your other poems. (I couldn't comment on the page for some reason.)

    I'm working on a collection of bad love poetry, hopefully set to be published around the beginning of June. The project partially sparked by your incredible piece 'YOU'. I was wondering if you would consider submitting the poem for the collection.
    If you're interested, please do email me at annexemagazine@live.co.uk


    best regards,
    Nick Murray
    Annexe Magazine

    ReplyDelete